Tuesday 4 November 2014

EVS Training week

I really loved the EVS Training week. It was from  28th October to 31st October. In these 4 days I met a lot of other EVS volunteers from all over the world. Before I arrived in Derby, I thought I would just meet volunteers from Europe, but I was surprised, because there was also a girl from Egypt and two guys from Palestine. I found out, that the EVS project is not only between  EU countries, it's just important that one EU country is involved in the exchange. So this is why there were also people from Egypt and Palestine.

These 4 days were very long and intensive, in a positive way. We had programmes from the morning till the evening and spoke about our responsibilities as an EVS volunteer, British culture and many other topics. At every free minute most of the volunteers took the chance to exchange ideas, thoughts and experiences. For me this was very helpful, I am more motivated and now I feel more prepared for the next month.

On Thursday our group of about 40 people separated into  a lot of small groups of 4 or 5 people. Every group was given a country from the UK, for example Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales.  We were given Scotland and my group discussed which part of Scotland we wanted to present to the other volunteers, so we get an understanding of the UK and get more motivated to travel around. We didn't agree on the part of Scotland we wanted to choose, so we decided to talk about the Highlands and Edinburgh. I was so fascinated with the Highlands. There are so many things to do and I wish to go there one day. 

In the evenings, after the dinner, the volunteers would get together and get to know each other better. We talked, shared stories, laughed and had a lot of fun together. So I can say I got to know really nice people and made good friends. Hopefully, there will be another EVS Training week and we see each other a second time.



Dunja



No comments:

Post a Comment