Monday 7 November 2016


Volunteering with CADFA : First impressions

While looking on the platform EVS for a body susceptible to welcome me in the realization of my professional application, which is necessary for the obtaining of my diploma (in the project management and the development aid), I founded and I decided to take part in CADFA’s activities (after being accepted off course).

I arrived in London last Friday (November, the 4th). I had found an apartment before coming and even if it is not for my taste and relatively overvalued (even in London, it seems), it is situated in Chalk Farm, very close to Camden Town, but especially close to most of the places of activities of CADFA, which is very interesting. Annika recommended me to balance the pros and the cons.

On Saturday, I participated in a meeting about the journey in Palestine which will take place at the end of the month and in whom I will take part. It allowed me to meet Nandita and some of my travelling companions. It was an interesting experience, the atmosphere was relaxed, even when we approached tender issues, what often arrives when speaking about Palestine.

Today I met Annika. We have discussed multiple subjects about the situation in Palestine and about activities of CADFA. It was very enriching, especially as we tried to determine together which could be my role within the organization and which profits I could benefit from my experience. One of the advantages of volunteering lives in the fact of building its work with the receiving organization.

I look forward to learn more and to provide my contribution to the actions of CADFA, through an experience which looks to be enriching on a professional level as well as on the human plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment